For many people watching the Aurora Borealis dance across the northern sky is the highlight of their Yukon visit. The best viewing months are when the night sky is dark, late September through to mid-April. For best experiences it is imperative to get away from the city lights so you can see the northern lights clearly and without any disturbances. Choosing country accommodation also means the northern lights will be visible from the deck of your own lodgings.
We invite you to spend an unforgettable night (or more) at our
This well-equipped, “luxurious” aurora viewing facility offers the experience of wilderness in a safe and comfortable place – “camping in comfort and style”. You will stay very warm in the well-insulated, traditional wall tent with an efficient wood burning stove and no sounds of electricity or appliances humming away.
You can step out the door of your wall tent anytime you like to experience our Northern Sky with all its stars and displays. On a clear night you have the sky all to yourself..
Should you eventually need some rest, you slide into the cozy double bed under flannel sheets and a down comforter for a wonderful night’s rest. You will be greeted in the morning with a filling breakfast of fresh coffee and a variety of home-baked goodies to choose from.
After this memorable overnight experience at the Aurora Camp, your shuttle will bring you back to Whitehorse. We assure you’ll wish you’d booked the Aurora Camp for more than one night’s stay!
- $195.00 + 5% GST per person based on two people
- Transfer from Whitehorse to Aurora Camp between 9:30 -10:00 pm
- Transfer from Aurora Camp to Whitehorse 9:00 the next morning
- Breakfast with fresh coffee and home-baked choices
- Double bed with down comforter and flannel linen, extra foamy possible for 3rd person (bring your own sleeping bag)
- Tripods for night shooting and literature on the Aurora Borealis
- Hot water for coffee, tea or spiced apple cider
- Flash light and LED wall tent lantern
- Camera Gear (for sure)
- Night snacks
- If you booked for 3 people please ask for an extra foamy and bring your own sleeping bag