Watching the Aurora Borealis dance across the northern sky is the highlight of a Yukon winter.
Imagine you personal viewing site, where you stay all night with your own cabin to retire.
You have the sky all to yourself. Step outside anytime you like and watch the Northern Lights dotted with tiny stars. Let the Aurora dance “heels and toes” for you!
An outside fire helps you stay warm while taking photos or just getting lost in the lit up sky.
Come stay at our amazing
This well-equipped, “luxurious” aurora viewing facility offers the experience of wilderness in a comfortable stylish place. You stay cozily warm inside the well-insulated, traditional wall tent with an authentic wood stove. No electricity or appliances humming away.
Should you eventually need some rest, you slide into the cozy double bed under flannel sheets and a down comforter for a wonderful night’s rest.
You will be greeted in the morning with a filling breakfast of fresh coffee and a variety of home-baked goodies to choose from.
After this memorable overnight experience at the Aurora Camp, your personal shuttle will bring you back to Whitehorse.
We assure you’ll wish you’d booked the Aurora Camp for more than one night’s stay!
Pick Up: 9:00 pm from Whitehorse location and transfer to Aurora Camp
Drop Off: 9:30 am on the next morning to your downtown location
Cost: CAN$ 195.00 + 5% GST per person
Level of Activity: easy
Special Clothing: bring warm clothing and warm shoes
Length of Tour: overnight
Minimum #: 2 guests
Season: late September to mid-April
Due to its northern location the Yukon offers prime aurora viewings opportunities. Whitehorse is proud of its excellent infrastructure and welcoming people. Hotels, restaurants, shops and theaters as well as a bunch of day time activities will round up your Yukon winter experience to the most memorable vacation ever.
For best viewing experiences it is imperative to get away from the city to see the aurora displays without any light disturbances. Choosing a country accommodation will give you this.
At our Aurora Camp, 25 minutes north of town, the northern lights will be visible from the deck of your own lodgings.
- The optimal viewing months are when the night sky is dark. In the Yukon that is from late September through to mid-April.
- Transfer from Whitehorse to Aurora Camp between 9:30 pm -10:00 pm
- Transfer from Aurora Camp to Whitehorse 9:00 am the next morning
- Breakfast with fresh coffee and home-baked choices
- Double bed with down comforter and flannel linen, extra foamy, sleeping bag and liner possible for 3rd person
- Tripods for night shooting and literature on the Aurora Borealis
- Hot water for coffee, tea or spiced apple cider
- Flash light and LED wall tent lantern
- outside fire is started upon your arrival
- Camera Gear (for sure)
- Night snacks
- If you booked for 3 people please ask for an extra foamy and sleeping bag